Friday, February 10, 2012

Testing. . .

We went for testing at Sylvan learning center.   Thomas endured tests for two hours.  He did not complain at all on the way home.  He talked about how neat it was.  I will not get the test results back until Tuesday.  I go in for a conference with the director to find out how Thomas did.
They have a great set up and I think if he needs to be there it will be a good experience for him.  I had told the director how down Thomas had been so she really made him feel welcome.   She was very positive about everything and she showed us the "store" where the kids get to spend their tokens they earn for doing well in the program.  Thomas earned 18 tokens last night for various things and of course he spent them all before we could leave.   The director was very positive with both Thomas and myself which made me feel better.  I have to admit it is a scary thing taking your child in to be tested because you are afraid he has fallen behind in school.  I found out though that there are more kids doing this in our area than I realized.   Several of Toms' friends have told him they are going there.  I think that made Tom feel better too.
This will be an ongoing adventure here on my blog so stay tuned.

No comments: