Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Wrestling. . .

The boys had their first scrimmage last night.  All in all they did ok.  Thomas won 1 and lost 1 and Jack lost both of his.  It is the first time they have faced kids other than their friends.  I think it was a little intimidating.  Jack went hard at his guy but got pinned quick the first time.  The second time he fought a little harder.  He really did not know what to expect. 
Thomas is good on defense he just needs work on his offense.  He can get loose from a hold but he is unsure of how to attack and pin someone.   Now the coach knows where he needs his help.
This was a learning experience for all of us.  I still don't know if I could go and watch a real match.  This scrimmage was pretty intense. 
The boys enjoyed it even though they lost a couple.  I think it built Tom's confidence.  I am proud of them I hope that they will continue.

No comments: