Saturday, June 8, 2013

Last Days of school? ? ? ?

Ok, so all of my teacher friends out there please forgive me.  I don't think I am sending my kids to school on their last day, which is only a half day.  Is anyone else doing this?  They have both cleaned out their desks and their lockers and the teachers have given them their school work.  Big T's teacher told him to bring a board game.  I don't have a problem with goofing off after the tests but, if they are not going to do any teaching why keep them in school.  The kids are done and don't want to be there and the teachers don't want to be there and some are going so far as to tell the kids not to come on the last day.
If the kids are not going to do anything productive after the testing why are we testing so early?  Why not wait and test later and then have a couple of days to work in field day and all the awards and parties.?   I know I am just a Mom but, I think they should consult the Moms on these school schedules.  I really think my kids are not going to school on Monday.  I think we will all just sleep in, if Basil will let us.
Games are canceled today I see "Star Trek" in my future.

No comments: