Monday, June 3, 2013

Proctoring. . .

So, I am proctoring for the middle school this week for testing.  It is a duty I feel as parents we should do, to help out with the school.   It is very boring, sitting there watching these kids taking this test.  It would probably be more fun watching paint dry.  I feel so sorry for these poor kids having to endure this torture.

As a proctor your job is to watch and make sure nobody cheats or causes a disturbance during the test.  I feel our job is to make sure the kids are staying on track with their answer sheet and questions in the book.  You know you're answering question # 1 then you should be bubbling on the answer sheet answer # 1.  You would be surprised at how many get out of sequence on those things.  My own Sprat got out of sequence on one of his tests when he was in the third grade.  The poor kids are guarding those answer sheets so much you can barely check them.  I always try to make sure they don't skip questions either, on their answer sheets.  I caught two that had skipped a number on their answer sheet this morning.  So glad, I would hate for a child to get a bad grade just because they skipped an answer blank or because they bubbled wrong.

I really wish they would stop this EOG and EOC stuff, there has to be a better way, I don't think the common core is the answer either.  I told you about Sprats' social studies test, all the questions were on finance and government, and they spent maybe a day or two on that in class.

No comments: