Saturday, June 1, 2013

Felt like cooking. . .

After all morning at the baseball field I felt like cooking today.  I dug out all my old cookbooks that have been boxed up and in my basement since we moved to this house.  I found my "Joy of Cooking" I got for a Wedding present, and a couple other good ones I forgot I had.  The first thing I made today was some molasses cookies.  I found this recipe in my "Joy of Cooking" book.  They are so very good.  I love the Archway ones from the grocery store.  Mine were not that big but they were that soft.  Yummmm!!!

Next I decided I needed to fix something good for dinner.  I found an old Mexican cookbook in my box and went through it.  I found a chimichanga recipe that sounded good and simple.  I checked my cabinets and I actually had everything I needed to make these for dinner.  Big T was at a friends house so I started on dinner about the time I knew he would be home.  I rolled my chimis and deep fried them in coconut oil.  I had some flour tortillas left over so I fried a couple of them by themselves and then sprinkled them with cinnamon and sugar.  That was our dessert.  Big T did not like the chimis but he ate the salad we had with it and I was thrilled with that.  Everyone liked the cinnamon tortillas.

I hope they don't get to used to all this.  I just had a burst of energy today.  Whew!!

No comments: