Thursday, June 13, 2013

Summer School online. . .

I am taking one class online this Summer.  I don't know if any of you have ever taken an online class before but,  they give you scenarios that you have to respond to on a discussion board.  This is what I have noticed in my class; I am an old fart, they are not teaching proper grammar in school, we are all going to be in trouble if this is a sample of what will be running things when the rest of us get older.
I know it is typical of the younger generation to text in incomplete sentences but I do not.   Actually when dear hubby and I text and when I text anyone I do so in complete sentences.  I also use spell check.  I heard someone say that using good manners is showing respect for those around you.   I believe that speaking and texting in complete sentences also shows respect for the person you are speaking with.  You would think posting something to a discussion board for an online class that these folks would want to use good grammar and spelling to make an impression on the instructor.  I believe I am the oldest in this class and it is obvious that they believe I am a dinosaur.  I am learning a great deal about computer security and network security and this generation.  I must say I am concerned about it all.  There are people out there that believe we should all be tracked so that advertisers can send us ads and track our buying habits.   What is sad, is that we are already getting some of this through all the reward card programs we belong.

No comments: