Friday, June 28, 2013

Recipes. . .

I am a recipe junkie.  I have so many recipes and the bad part is that none of them are in any kind of order.  I have several groups of recipes on my fridge, most of them I use fairly regularly.  I have a file folder full of recipes that I have torn out of magazines, only a few of these have I made.  I have many cookbooks that I have purchased and been given over the years.  I have one in particular that I have had since I went out on my own after college.  It is a Church cookbook from a Church where I grew up, not my Church but one near by.   These recipes are old and time tested.  I even have a little wooden box with recipe cards in it from various places.  Now that we have the internet we have a whole new recipe box to dig through.
I love the hand me down recipes from my mom and my sister too.
I like to bake and cook, and yes baking is different than cooking.  Baking implies bread or sweets of some sort and cooking refers more to meal type recipes.  I made molasses cookies a couple of weeks ago just because I had a craving for them.  This was a new recipe I found and it was so good.  Today I am making sourdough bread for us.  Dear hubby has been eating my sourdough  bread for breakfast and so have the kids.

No comments: