Friday, May 31, 2013

Test, Test, Test. . .

Well, the common core junk is done so far.  Now we just have to get through the regular EOG stuff.  That will be next week for the middle school.  Sprat said that the science common core was easy.  Ok, so I am a little worried about that.  He seemed to think he did well, I guess we get to agonize over it for the summer.  What ever happened to the "final exam" we used to take in school?  The teachers created it so they knew that they had at least gone over the material that was in the test.  The teacher graded the test, so you knew you would find out your grade by the end of school.  The idea of common core is good on paper but, in reality I don't think it is as good as everyone has raved over.
Big T is done with his testing.  I hope he did well, I am afraid I threw my inability to take tests on him.  Sprat takes after dear hubby and Big T takes after me, poor kid.  I have gotten better at test taking in my old age though, so maybe there is hope for my boys.

No comments: