Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Summer School. . .

I am taking one class this summer, a security concepts class.  I got my book and have been looking over it.  Lots of good information.  I have a feeling this summer you may be getting a lot of posts about computer security.  I ended up with 2 A's in my first session.  So very excited, and the more I hear on the news and read in the paper the more I am sure I have picked a great curriculum to study.  
Here is my first tip for my readers;  according to the security gurus, soon any password with fewer than 12 characters will be vulnerable to attacks.  Oh, and for those that like to frequent the coffee shops and use their WiFi, you are opening yourself up for identity theft, viruses, malware, and spyware.  If everyone can access it and use it then everyone can also gain access to your computer too, if they want to.

No comments: