Friday, May 17, 2013

Stolen Credit Cards. . .

I have posted on this before, and will post on it again.  I want everyone to be informed and to be safe.  I ran into a dear friend at school this morning.  She was telling me about their debit card number being stolen and used at an online store for a couple hundred dollars.  They disputed it and filed a police report so that the bank would put the money back.  My friend also told me that several of her friends had told her that the same thing had happened to them.   She also said they told her that some of this had been traced back to some local places we all frequent.  I blamed Wal Mart, because that was the only place my dear hubby had used both of his cards that were compromised.  I only use cash at Wal Mart now and I only use cash for things like Pizza and at grocery stores.  It is sad that you cannot trust anyone anymore.  I am afraid it is only going to get worse.  You also have to be careful at ATM's because devices can be put on them to track your account numbers and your pin number.  This same device can be used at the gas pump as well.  Keep track of your accounts, keep track of your checks and balance that check book.   I did not used to do this and I would have been out a good bit of money if I had not been checking on my accounts when our incident happened.

No comments: