Saturday, May 11, 2013

Happy Mother's Day. . . .

For all the Moms, I hope your families treat you like a Queen today.  We celebrated last night with steaks on the grill, peppers and onions on the grill, and a fresh out of the garden salad with spinach.  Yummmm!!  I do not normally eat red meat but I have to tell you these were the best little fillets in the world.  We picked them up at our local meat market, three 6 oz and one 9oz for around $18.  We could not pass that up.  I even got my presents early.  heeheeheehee   Dear hubby got me a new bird feeder that is squirrel proof, and a new heavy duty shepherds crook to hang it on.  This particular feeder has a battery operated squirrel flinger on it.  If anything heavier than a bird tries to perch on it, it whirls them around and throws them off.  I have seen video of how this works, not only will I get to enjoy my birds but I will also enjoy seeing my fat squirrels being thrown for a loop if they try to get on it.  ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!  My birds have been slow to arrive at their feeder this morning but they are beginning to show some interest.  I also got a new front door mat that is really nice.  I think my little feeder is going to bring me hours of entertainment.
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend with your families!!!

No comments: