Monday, May 13, 2013

Update on the Squirrel front. . . .

My new feeder is very cool, the birds are enjoying it.  My fat little squirrel however, is not having any fun.  He has taken a few twirls around on it and is not happy.  He went flying around at least 4 times before he let go yesterday.  He has gone around by two feet and then by all four feet.  He is still trying to figure out a way to get to that food.  The kids and I have just belly laughed at him being flung about.  I was feeling a little guilty about the poor thing not having anything to eat so we picked up a squirrel block for him.  It is whole kernel corn pressed into a brick shape with sunflower seeds and something else I cannot remember.  It hangs from a shepherds crook up near the woods.  My dear little squirrel has not found it yet, but you will never guess what has.   A giant crow.  He swoops down and bangs it with his feet so that the corn comes flying off.  It is like a regular little wild kingdom in my backyard these days.  I think my cat birds are nesting too, they have been rather aggressive the past few days.  The poor little deprived squirrel, dizzy from his carousel ride, also got dive bombed by the cat bird yesterday.

No comments: