Friday, May 3, 2013

Good health and stuff. . . .

One of my friends posted on Facebook the other day about how she was tired and was having a bad day.  I asked, just out of curiosity, if she was taking a multivitamin    She said no, she was not taking one on a routine basis.  The reason I asked, was because my parents have been taking vitamins since I was in at least the seventh grade.  My Mom used to sell  the Shaklee line of vitamins and such.  She does not sell anymore but both Mom and Dad still take vitamins every day.  A little background on my folks; they are in their 80's and Dad works out at the gym in the morning at 4 am.  Mom does not work out as regular as Dad does but she goes when she can.  My Dad started taking blood pressure medicine in his late 70's, Mom started later than Dad on her blood pressure medicine.  Dad also takes a cholesterol medicine.  I know there are people that are my age that take more medicine than they do.  I attribute their good health first to their diet, then regular exercise, and last but certainly not least the vitamins.   We all need that boost of minerals and nutrients we get from vitamins.   We could eat healthy all day long and there are still things we would not get from our diet.  I take a multivitamin for women,  B complex, and MSM (mineral supplement for joints).   I can tell a difference in my mood when my hormones surge if I have not been taking the B complex.   I do not sell vitamins or anything else so this is not a sells pitch.  I just believe in trying to take care of my body, I owe it to my family and to the good Lord above.   I am over weight myself and I am trying to work on that through my diet and exercise.  Since our Sweet B came into our lives almost 2 years ago I have been walking more regularly and have lost over 20lbs.  I am taking it off slowly and I am good with that.  I feel like if I take it off slowly I will be able to keep it off.  I am not doing any program or taking drugs to lose the weight, just exercise and watching what I eat.  Our garden is really going to help me achieve my goals this year.  I always eat better when we have a garden.  I have already been eating fresh broccoli, radishes, lettuce and spinach all out of our garden.  
I encourage you all, if you are not exercising, just add a little walk in the morning or after dinner.  I am not talking about a 30 minute anything.  Just a short jaunt 10 minutes to start and gradually increase your time over several weeks.  I start my day with a walk and that gives me energy to tackle everything I have to do.  Good Luck and Good Health!!

No comments: