Monday, August 24, 2015

First Day of School

Yippeee!!!!  First day of school.  I am so excited!  The hubbs and I have a tradition, that on the first day of school he takes the day off.  This way there are no distractions and we double team the kids to get them ready on time and out the door.   After the kids are gone we go out for a nice quiet breakfast, just the two of us.   There are always errands to run too, and we tackle those together.  Today we made trips to Goodwill and Sunnyside Ministries.  We also dropped by the shooting range for a little target practice.  Nothing like a little couples therapy at the range. 
The hubby and I have been doing this for several years now and we look forward to it every year.  I have been trying to take the kids pictures each year too on their first day.  Sprat hates having his picture taken so this took some effort.  I told him that some day he will have kids and they are going to ask; dad, why are you not in any of these pictures?   Or, they might ask; dad why are your eyes closed to tightly?  Here is our picture today.  Sophomore and 7 th grader, my goofy boys.

No comments: