Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Kids and Collections. . .

All kids collect things; some collect baseball cards, certain toys, stuffed animals, barbies, and coins.  Big T collects knives and since the Gun and Knife show was in town this past weekend I thought we might go and see what they had.   This is a small show but there were a ton of people there.  I wanted to get there early so we could get in and get out, nice thought.  We got there a little before it was supposed to start and the line was already in the parking lot waiting to get in.  It did move fairly quickly once they opened the doors.  Big T was amazed at how many people just had guns thrown over their shoulders.   In the news last week was a story of a man shooting himself in the parking lot of a local gun show, by accident.  They were taking precautions, making sure the guns that were brought into the building were not loaded.  Once we got in the building everyone spread out and it did not seem as crowded.  There were lots of interesting items at the show.  There were the hard core preppers there with survival gear and there were a lot of guns and plenty of knives to dazzle Big T.  We went around and looked at everything before he narrowed down what he really wanted.  He found some unique knives and I even found one I liked.
My dad always carried a small pocket knife and so did my brother and sister.  I remember one Christmas they both got knives.  Dad believed everyone should carry a pocket knife, you never know when you might need one.  Big T does not carry one everywhere, he knows he cannot carry one to school.  When Big T gets older he will have quite the collection to share with his kids.  My dad enjoyed showing his collection to Big T and I.  

No comments: