Thursday, August 6, 2015

Getting Back to School. . .

Is everyone ready for the kiddos to be back in school?  It is bitter sweet at my house.  My kids keep getting older despite my attempts to keep them my little ones.   I am excited for them to get back in their routine so that I can return to my routine.   I do crave my routine.
Big T will be in 7th grade and Sprat will be in 10th.  Ughhhh!!!!  I hate saying that, I do not feel I am old enough to have a 10th grader.  I still wish I was a MOP (mother of preschooler).  Those days were such fun, I wish I had relished in them a little more.  To all of you MOP's, enjoy those little guys for as long as you can because they morph so quickly into aliens/teenagers.   Just when they get interesting and you can actually carry on a conversation with them they think it is torture to be in the same room with you.  We fight this one daily.  I think they have this misconception that they are supposed to be aggravated with their parents, that it is some kind of rule or something.  Every now and then when we are all together enjoying our time as a family I see a glimpse of them having fun.  You must be careful not to draw attention to it though because they will clam up and retreat to that angry teenager mode again.  You must secretly enjoy those little moments.  I am trying to take advantage of every moment I can to be with the boys because soon GIRLS will come into this picture.  I know this is inevitable but I get a pain in my gut every time I think about it.  So far we have dodged the bullet with them both.  I hope they take after their daddy and do not date until college.  I think Big T is the ladies man, he is the one that had the little girls buying him pudding last year at school.   Girls are so forward these days, I know this is off of my topic, so I will save this one for another day.
As for today, I will cherish every little bit of time I have with my kiddos.

No comments: