Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Public Speaking

Public speaking may be the death of me.   That is my on campus class this semester.  Yes, I get to give several speaches on varying subjects.  There is one other lady that may be my age, the rest are first year students and you can see their fear.  I did not take a public speaking  course when I was in college the first go around.  I think they should require a course like this in high school.  I know my Sprat would definitely benefit from it as well as most high schoolers these days.  
The one thing I have noticed about high schoolers,  is that they do not make eye contact when talking to adults.  If you have ever conducted an interview or have been interviewed you know the importance of eye contact.   I hope to pass along some of what we discuss in this class to my boys to help them along their way. 
My semester has already begun and the boys will start next week.  We are getting ready to hit full speed at our house.   My posting may be somewhat sporadic these next few weeks till we get into a routine again so please have patience.  Best of luck to all starting back to school and to the moms and dads behind those little buggers.

2 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

Public speaking is the worst! I was PTO president last year and would literally be sick to my stomach before those meetings! Although, the more I did it the easier it got but I still hated every minute of it. Good luck with your class!!!!

Pampered Mom said...

Thanks Beth. I bet you did great speaking at the PTO. If it makes you feel any better I think you always seem to have it all together. I am terribly nervous but I think it is going to be fun.

Thanks again for keeping my blog alive.
Page