Monday, August 3, 2015

Time to Tackle Another Week. . .

I have a week of football ahead of me different times and both kids.  How do we keep up with all that our kids want to do and still carve out some time for ourselves and time with our spouses?  We need to make an intentional effort for ourselves as well as our spouses.  Whether you have kids or not this can still apply to you.  Our kids can and will consume our lives and that is not a bad thing.  I love my kids and my husband and I would do anything for them, with in reason.  My husband and I also love each other and know that when our kids are grown and out of our home that he and I are all we have.

You fall in love and marry the love of your life.  You spend lots of time together early in your marriage and then you have kids and your time gets divided or maybe it is a job that steals away that time.  This is not bad it just is what it is.  We all get caught up in our own things and sometimes forget about those closest to us.  When our life gets full we must make time for our spouses and ourselves.  I do not sleep a lot these days so I take advantage of getting up early and having that quiet time for devotions and prayer.  The hubbs and I have a little tradition that on the first day of school he takes the day off and after the kids are at school we go for breakfast and spend the day together.  The hubbs and I carve out days like that through the year as well.
 You must continue to nurture that relationship with your spouse, if you do not it will die.  There is no time like the present to carve out some time for you and your spouse.  If you already do this, great and kudos to you.  I would love to hear back from you to know how you do it.  

No comments: