Saturday, August 1, 2015

Tears and Weakness. . .

I am a very passionate person; whether it is my kids, family, my Christianity, or a job.   I do get weepy at times.  Sometimes it is when I am sad or missing someone close to me, sometimes it is during Church when our minister hits home a point.  Some people see this as a weakness, I assure you it is not.  I deal with and process things differently than most and sometimes that touches a certain part of my soul which comes out in tears.  In the Bible it talks about tears and how precious they are to God and that he makes a record of each one (Psalms 56:8).  Tears were also used to wash Jesus feet.
I saw this on Facebook one day; "tears do not mean you are weak, they mean you have been strong for way too long."   I am not sure I believe that one but, I do know that I am not weak.  There are many days I have felt I could not make it but, then God steps in and he lifts me over all obstacles in my path.
To anyone else that feels weak because you shed tears for others, do not.  You are not weak, it is ok to cry and show your feelings.  Those tears mean you are real and you are not trying to hide who you are.  I used to try to hide mine but I have given up on that.  My kids know how I am and it does not bother them because they know that I am real.

No comments: