Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Amazing Meatballs. . .

The meatballs were wonderful!   Everyone liked  them except Big T, no big surprise there, he does not  like sauces.  You could say, he is not a saucy kinda boy.  He does not like spaghetti sauce, he will eat my Alfredo every now and then but he would rather not. 
Of course I tweaked this recipe to make it my own and I encourage you to do the same.  If a recipe calls for something you do not have or you do not particularly care for  swap it out for something else.
This is how my recipe goes:

Almost 2 lbs of ground beef
1 cup Italian bread crumbs
1 cup grated fresh Parmesan
2 eggs beaten
1 Tbsp milk
2tsp garlic powder
Mix the above together to make your balls.

Sauce: 
1 jar favorite marinara sauce (I use Prego)
2 Tbsp garlic powder
2Tbsp onion powder
2tsp dried oregano
2 cups beef broth
1 can tomato paste
If you like your sauce a little sweeter you can add some sugar.

This is the meatballs just placed in the sauce

Meatballs ready to go in the sauce.

I cooked these on low in the crock pot for about 7 hours.   We made sandwiches but you could serve over pasta too.  Enjoy. . . 

No comments: