Monday, June 20, 2016

Happy Father's Day. . .

The garden keeps producing.  We took three large heads of cabbage to Church yesterday along with zucchini and cucumbers.  The potatoes were ready this week too and there is nothing like eating fresh potatoes out of the garden.   My dear hubby has a green thumb and we have been truly blessed with the garden this season.  I see many zucchini casseroles in my future in the next weeks.  I am going to to try and freeze a few for the winter, I froze four last year and they were really good when we had them.   I have already fixed some mountain stew for the freezer with our potatoes and cabbage.  I would like to get at least one more stew in there with our cabbage and potatoes.
The hubbs and I could really live on our garden but the boys do not enjoy everything like we do.  
We spent Father's Day at the ball field watching our double A team and that was a lot of fun.  We had great weather and enjoyed being out with family and friends.  The boys had all you can eat hot dogs and hamburgers so they were thrilled.  This is our crew goofing around at the ball field.


My very handsome hubby in the blue.

I thank God every day for blessing me with such an amazing husband.  I am very lucky and so are my kids.   The boys made cards for their dad this year rather than buying them, because cards have gotten so expensive and cheesy.  I laughed and cried after I read the very sweet things they wrote to their dad.  I also realized that we are all too dependent on spell check and auto correct.  My hubby, the original grammar Nazi, found a couple of spelling and grammar mistakes in all of our cards.  He will not soon forget this Father's Day.  
I could not post on Father's day without sharing a picture of my Dad.  This is Dad and my niece at one of Sprat's baseball games.   This man encouraged me, supported me, loved me, and gave me a good swat to the behind when needed.   




No comments: