Monday, June 27, 2016

Updates on a Few Things. . .

We tried the sauerkraut, it was a little salty for my taste but the hubbs liked it, we are going to let it perk just a day or so more and then call it done.  We did fix another jar since we have so much cabbage and we used less salt this time.
Potatoes are all up and the hubbs has planted field peas and some okra, our first okra did not produce so we are going to try it again.  We have put a few quarts of fresh peas in the freezer this year and of course I would say I have eaten at least a quart raw.  Shhhh, do not tell the hubbs, though.  I made my very first potato salad and boy was it good, my hubby is quite picky when it comes to potato salad so I was thrilled when he gave it a thumbs up.  This was a no frills potato salad, no onion or pickles.  It was just potatoes, egg, mayo, mustard, and vinegar.  I did use some onion and garlic powder.
Big T enjoyed a lacrosse camp at a local University this last week.  It was hot as blue blazes but he had a blast.  At the hottest part of the day they took them in the locker room and let them watch game films just like the University players would.  This is a beautiful facility and the kids had a blast.
Sprat is knee deep in Summer workouts for football and working with the youth at our Church doing different things.  He has Church camp coming up, a College tour, and Mission camp too.  We pack all we can into our Summer.
Big T at Camp

Sprat at Church serving for the youth Evening Under the Stars




No comments: