Wednesday, June 1, 2016

My Little Corner. . .

Our little corner of the world is blooming and growing like crazy.   I told you about planting a clove of my garlic from my counter well, it is growing and I am so proud.  I planted another one that I had sprouting, it is not doing as well.  I hope to be able to cultivate my own garlic since I use it so regularly.  Not from a monetary stand point, although that is another bonus, but just because I like to use veggies and herbs that I have grown.  There is nothing like cooking fresh from your own back yard.  Since the hubbs has been out of work this week we have eaten some fabulous recipes that I have found on Pinterest.  What did we ever do before Pinterest?
Yesterday I fixed a wonderful stir fry with broccoli and cabbage, both from our garden, that was with a sauce recipe from Pinterest.   This is sugar free and gluten free sauce and uses no soy sauce.  Immune boosting stir fry sauce you can find it at this link or keep scrolling and I will tell you some more about it.   I never follow the recipe to the letter so please keep that in mind.

2 cups chicken broth
2 large cloves of garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp cayenne
1tbsp arrowroot (optional)  I did not use this
2 tbsp ginger root minced ( I used ginger powder and I did not use 2 tbsp)

I combined all of this in a sauce pan to simmer while I chopped up my broccoli and cabbage.  I used about 2 cups of broccoli and half a head of large cabbage.  I heat up some extra garlic and a little spring onion in some olive oil before I added my broccoli and cabbage to my stir fry skillet.
My hubby loved this and I liked it too.  Very filling too.  Below are the pictures of my garlic that is really growing.  I cannot wait to harvest it and try it in one of my recipes.

This is my new garlic I just planted along with the one I planted earlier.

No comments: