Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Summer Break. . .

First week of Summer vacation.  We celebrated yesterday with lunch and a movie.   The hubbs and I only went to the movies maybe two times a year before we had kids.   Once we were blessed with the boys we started taking them to the movies more often.  Big T went to see Finding Nemo in an infant carrier, he was only a few months old but Sprat was three and totally enthralled by it all.   I do not remember my folks taking us to the movies as kids.  When I was in seventh grade we used to go to the movies as a group and then walk across the parking lot to Burger King where our moms would pick us up.
My husband is a big kid so he has always loved taking the boys to their movies.   The Marvel comics struck gold when they started making the super hero movies.   All the little boys that grew up reading those comics now have children and what better excuse to go to the movies than taking the kiddos.   I view this as daddy son bonding time.   I go sometimes but for the most part that is the boys time with their daddy.   They always invite me to go but, it has gotten so darn expensive to go to the movies that for most of them I take a pass.   I hope that my boys will pass this tradition of the movies on to their kids.
Yesterday, I did go because this is one that I had been wanting to see.  Now You See Me 2, was a great movie, we loved the first one and this one did not disappoint.  Sprat has always enjoyed a good magic trick and he loves card tricks.  He is actually pretty good at them, I told him he should perform for kids birthday parties to earn a little extra money.   He is constantly trying out new tricks on all of us and I will be honest some of them would blow your mind.   I think I have convinced him to do some of his card tricks at our Church picnic and lawn party when we have it.


No comments: