Thursday, August 4, 2016

Back to Square One. . .

We were so hopeful that this would be the one.  The hubbs had two face to face interviews this week with this company and we were so sure an offer would follow.  Sadly, he got the we are going a different direction phone call.  Back to square one. 
The hubbs took Sprat to a concert last night as an early birthday present.  Big T and I went for some back to school shopping.  I was very down after finding out that my very sweet husband had been dumped on again.  At about 9:30 last night I asked my 13 year old if he wanted to go get doughnuts.   He of course agreed, what little boy would turn down doughnuts.  He asked me on the way what was wrong.  I told him nothing was wrong, mommy just wants a doughnut.  I remember making runs for milkshakes or pizza or whatever I had a craving for when the hubbs and I were first married and when I was pregnant.  
I remember one weekend when the hubbs and I were first married I had a craving for crab legs and we packed up and drove to the beach for the night.   Those crab legs were the best I had ever eaten.  I miss the days of being able to just pack up and go.  We are so tied to our schedules these days and it has taken some of the fun out of things.  Maybe this is why the Lord has put us in this position, to reclaim some of that spontaneity that we use to have.   I do believe we have become, if you will pardon the expression, old farts.   I feel like I am still spontaneous and maybe I can interject some of that old feeling back in our family.    

No comments: