Monday, August 8, 2016

New Week, Trying to be Positive. . .

Hard week last week, the hubbs did not get the job that we thought he would get and we go back to the drawing board this week.  I know that God has a plan for us and that he is moving us in the path that he wants us to follow.  It is just very hard to watch the person that you love go through such a difficult time.  I pray every day for peace for him and I have asked my family to pray also, for some reason we have only told a few friends and I do not know why.  It is so frustrating to know how truly talented and passionate someone is and nobody else sees their value.  I guess this week is going to be hard too.
Why is it that employers see that someone has been with the same company for almost twenty-four years and they assume they  are old and all used up?   My husband was loyal to his company, and for what?   He did not take any vacation after he had fallen and hurt his knee and had to be out for so long on disability.  He said he felt guilty for even asking to take vacation after all of that.  His company has not felt any guilt when they  told him he did not have a job anymore.  These employers need to wise up and realize that this age group are the very ones that have an intense work ethic.  These are the people that can teach the younger generation about hard work.  So many people today are trying to do as little as they can and still get paid.  Not many have the work ethic of my hubby's generation.
Our sermon at Church yesterday was fabulous.  It was about God calling Moses to be his messenger. Moses did not think he was the right person to be God's messenger.  God does not call the qualified, he qualifies the called.  Those are not my words but I am not sure who actually said them.   Most Sunday's I feel like our preacher is speaking directly to my heart.  Yesterday was no different.

I am feeling very scattered today so please forgive the random babble.

3 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

Praying for you all. I'm sure this is so hard to go through but God will see you through.

Beth Cotell said...

Praying for you all. I'm sure this is so hard to go through but God will see you through.

Pampered Mom said...

Beth, thank you so much for the prayers and for keeping my blog alive. I know he is working in our lives, if he were not, we would not have been semi-prepared for this. Thanks again!!