Friday, August 19, 2016

Friday Full of Prospects. . .

Feeling a little nervous today, I have a telephone interview this morning.  I have not interviewed for a job in many, many years.  I dare not tell how many because then I would be giving away my age. The hubbs had a phone interview yesterday and we are hopeful one of us will find something soon.  We have lots of folks that have been praying for us and I am very thankful for those prayers.
We still have not told very many people that my dear hubby was displaced and I am not sure why.  I tell myself I do not want anyone to pity us but there may be some pride issues in there too.   Several people have found out about our job situation at our Church and I do appreciate the love and prayers that they have shared with us and the very kind words.  It is very nice to know that our Church family loves us so very much.  
To prepare for my phone interview I went to Google and searched for help.  There are many sites for this type of thing.  I have found through my dear hubby searching and interviewing for jobs that the phone interview is the first stage and sometimes the last too.   It is a way to weed out people before they actually start bringing candidates in for the face to face interview.  I know that in our technology driven world that this is the wave of the future but I am not sure how helpful it is.  I am sure it is helpful to the employer but I believe it is detrimental to some of the prospective employees.  There is not a whole lot you can garner from a phone interview other than the persons voice quality and general biographic information.  This is just my opinion of course and we all know what folks say about opinions.
On another note:  my oldest has his first varsity football game tonight.  Asking for prayers for all.