Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Meatball Sub. . .

Made my amazing meatballs the other night and I make amazing meatballs, if I do say so myself.  I added a new trick to preparing the meatball sub.  If you already know this trick kudos to you, if not you should try it.   I use sub rolls and slice them open and put them in the oven at about 275 until they are a little crispy.  I peel a clove of garlic and after the sub roll comes out of the oven I rub the garlic over the bread.  Sounds simple, right?  It makes the sub so yummy though.  After the garlic rub down add a little sauce to the bread and then your meatballs.  I slice my meatballs in half, it just makes the sub easier to eat.  I add cheese, sometimes Swiss and sometimes mozzarella I will leave that choice up to you.  I then put the sub back in the oven just to melt the cheese.  These are amazing subs and amazing meatballs.  I think I have given the meatball recipe recently but I will share it again because they are that doggone good.

Meat Balls
2lbs. ground beef
1 cup of bread crumbs
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp milk
2 eggs beaten
1 tsp garlic powder

Mix together and make into balls

Sauce
1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce
2 cups beef broth
2-3 Tbsp tomato paste (I like the kind that comes in the tube)
1 Tbsp ground dry mustard
2 tsp thyme

Place the meatballs gently into the sauce try not to stack them on top of each other.  I use the crock pot because I think the slow cooking makes a big difference.  I cook them on low for at least eight hours.

I cook when I feel stressed so I may share that salsa recipe this week too.  We are on our third batch of fresh salsa.

No comments: