Tuesday, January 3, 2017

A Look Back on 2016. .

2016  was quite a year.  Jobs were lost, jobs were found, new jobs started, and new drivers in our midst.  This year has been like a roller coaster for our clan.  Looking back though, I can see God's hand in all of these events, even those that were difficult. 
I have a lot of hope  for 2017, I think we are on the upward swing of things.  Every year I intend on keeping better track of times I feel we were blessed,  this year I will be making a more concerted effort.  I am going to make a note of each time I feel  or see that God is working through our lives so that at the end of 2017 we can look back and remember how truly blessed we were.
I worked three twelve hour shifts right in to the new year.  I applaud and commend all of those that work twelve hour shifts, they are not easy.   The family is working really hard to get accustomed to my hours, as am I.  We had a minor snafu right before Christmas.  Big T got busted walking up to the high school to ride home with Sprat.  It was not so bad that he got busted but that the hubbs was on a skype re-certification session and could not leave to go pick him up.  Neither of the kids had the others' phone number.  In the middle of the skype re-certification  session my sweet hubby is fielding text and phone calls from both kids.  I was at work and did not know any of this was going on until that night.  The good news was that the manager that was doing the skype thing told my husband that he did the best on the presentation than anyone else he had certified and that was with all of the interruptions.  The manager said the hubbs never missed a beat.   Back to the boys, the middle schoolers are not supposed to walk to the high school unless they have a parent that works at the high school.  What the administrators do not realize is that it is much safer for those kids to go to the high school to catch their ride with their older sibblings than for their older siblings to have to drive through the car rider line at the middle school.  The middle school parents are horrible and the high school kids have to pull out against traffic in order to get in line to try and come to the middle school.  I know it was probably done for safety but it truly is safer especially for an eighth grader.   I purposefully tell Sprat to stay at school and hang out a little while before he tries to come home, it is much safer than rushing out of that parking lot at the bell.  Those kids drive like they do not have a brain.
We only have a few more months and they will both be at the same school.  I am not sure if that is good or bad.  You will have to stay tuned to find out.  

No comments: