Friday, January 6, 2017

Predictions of Snow. .

Predictions of snow here in the South make people act a little nutty.  We do not get a whole lot of snow and we are not really prepared for great amounts of it.  Northerners make fun of us because we do not like to drive in the snow and ice and how we will cancel school and close businesses when there is a threat of snow or ice.   We do these things because we are not prepared for it and usually we get more ice than snow and let's be honest nobody knows how to drive on ice.  You could have the biggest baddest 4X4 and you would still slide all over.  
I personally do not like to drive in the snow and such, I may have to this year because of work.  We have to be there regardless of the weather.  I will be driving slow so, if you see me out there just know you may have to pass me if you are in a hurry.
The hubbs and I, when we were first married, use to go to the grocery store when they were predicting bad weather to watch what people were buying.   You could look in the grocery carts and see how bad people thought it was going to be.   On heavy snow predictions people would have milk and at least two loaves of bread.  We always wondered what people would do with all that bread and milk.  I think they were going to make stew or soup of some sort and possibly grilled cheese sandwiches.  I went to the store, for this event,  and bought junk food for my kids, we already had milk and bread.  I am going to make a big pot of pinto beans with some cornbread for the weekend.  The hubbs loves him some pintos and cornbread.  He is going to the meat market to pick up some ground meat for tacos for the boys.
How do you prepare for the snow and ice and the possibility of being home bound for a day or so?  I would love to hear your thoughts.  

No comments: