Thursday, January 26, 2017

Smoothies, Shakes, and Breakfast. . .

I broke down and bought one of those Nurtibullet blender things.  I have always enjoyed a protein drink for breakfast here and there.  When I was little I could not make myself sit down and actually eat breakfast, it made me nauseous.  My mom would make me a protein shake for breakfast, when I got old enough  I made them myself.  Growing up, my Mom sold Shakley vitamins, she and my Dad have always taken vitamins and probably eaten healthier than most.   Shakley used to make the best protein powder but I now use a powder I get from the Vitamin shop.  I have tried different ones but I always come back to this one.
This is what has lead me to purchase the Nutribullet.  I tried my first smoothie today.  I was amazed that the majority of the smoothie recipes contain a green, like spinach or kale.  I never thought of  adding greens to a smoothie, when I think of smoothie I think fruit.  I feel like I may have a little bit of a cold coming on so I decided I would try the "immune boost" smoothie recipe.   This calls for:  pineapple, spinach, blueberries, orange, and banana.  I had everything but the banana.  It actually tasted pretty good and it was very filling.   I will try some different recipes that they have in their book and I will let you know how they are.  I am not a fan of kale so in those recipes I will probably substitute spinach.   I was surprised that none of these recipes suggest adding a protein powder, I may do that on my own.   I will let you know how those turn out.

No comments: