Thursday, January 19, 2017

Birthday Woes. . .

Celebrating another year this week.  My hubby is out of town and my boys are oblivious.  Ughhhh
This is one and probably the only time I wish I had a girl.  I think girls are more in tuned with celebrating things like a Mom's birthday.  That sort of thing is completely lost on boys or at least on my boys.   They are too tied up with their sports and video games to care that Mom has a birthday.   I think my husband texted Sprat to remind him it was my Birthday.  My very sweet hubby did send me flowers though and he has not done that in a long time. Maybe boys realize the effect of birthdays on women once they get older.  I guess there is still hope for my two scoundrels.  We went out to eat last night;  the boys, my niece, and myself to celebrate, that was very nice and I did enjoy it.
Big T asked me how old I was going to be and then he began trying to guess.  He said, 30 years old?  I said nope, I am 21 years old.  This brought up a very funny memory of my Mom.  I always believed what ever my Mom told me, why would my Mom tell me anything that was not true.  I asked very innocently how old my Mom was and she told me she was 21, actually it may have been Dad that said she was 21.  This was when I was in the third grade and obviously she was older than 21 since she was in fact in her 30's when I was born.  That next week I went to school and something was said about my Mom and I told them she was 21 years old.  My teachers all laughed and said that my Mom had done a lot in her 21 years.  They all knew she was older than 21 but they did not say anything to me about it.  They did, however, corner my Mom at the next PTA meeting and they all had a big laugh at silly me.
My hubby comes home today and I cannot wait to see him.  This is one part of his work I did not miss when he got laid off.   He does not travel much but you can count on at least 2 trips a year for national conferences.   He usually misses a Birthday or an Anniversary here and there.  

No comments: