Tuesday, January 31, 2017

We All Have Something to Learn. . .

The boys have started the new semester in school, they each have some class changes.  Big T is taking, what I would call a home economics class.  He will learn to sew, take care of a baby, and cook.  He thought he was going to get off easy and get to take care of a bag of flour but another teacher is in charge of his class and I think they are going to do the mechanical babies.  Yes, you may laugh now, I sure did.  These are the babies that cry and require being held and rocked to sooth them and they cry when they are hungry.  They are intended to simulate an actual baby and all the things baby's require.  This is going to an interesting semester for dear Big T.
Sprat is taking new classes too, he gets to take chemistry along with Spanish 2, math, and history.  He came home last night and had math and history homework.  He does not often come home and do homework, he must complete it most of the time at school.  This is going to be an interesting semester for both of the boys.
I am still working and learning as I go.  This is going to be a learning year for us all and lots of changes for everyone.  The boys are taking on more responsibility, reluctantly of course and the hubbs and I are relinquishing responsibility.  It is fun to watch the boys growing and learning new things but, it is also hard to watch your children not needing you as much.  I think that may be the hardest thing I have to deal with this year, knowing that my boys are not going to need me as much.
Stay tuned as we are all learning this year.

No comments: