Thursday, October 9, 2008

Conversations with the kids. . .

The other night I was racing around trying to get dinner on the table and the kids are milling about in the kitchen. Thomas begins with; "Mommy when I have kids I am not changing any diapers." Somewhat stunned as to where this came from I said, "Oh yeah, who is going to change them for you?" He did not even turn around and said, "Jack will do it for me." I just about fell out. I turned around and said, "What? You think your brother is going to come over and change your child's diaper?" Jack just busted out laughing but he never really said anything about it.

Several days later we were eating at a local restaurant and this conversation came up again. Thomas then said he was going to live in Hawaii. I asked him if I could come and live with him and he said yeah. At least he has aspirations to go and do something. I did not ask him what he was going to be doing for a living. I guess that will be another blog. Jack popped up and said he was going to live in the Bahamas. I laughed, I do not know where they get all this from. I asked Thomas if Jack was in the Bahamas how would he change your kids diapers? He said he did not know but he was not going to change them.

Just a note: Mark did change diapers. He also helped feed and all those other nasty things we have to do for our kids when they are so little.

2 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

Kids say the funniest things! And it makes you wonder what really goes on in their heads!

Pampered Mom said...

I wonder that all the time!

They just make me laugh.