Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Red Velvet Cake. . .

Mark loves Red Velvet Cake. So I decided to make one for his Birthday. The kids insisted on helping. I agreed reluctantly. They did pretty good except Thomas was yelling at Jack about the amount of flour he was putting in the cup. Jack was measuring the flour into a Pampered Chef measuring cup and he had not reached the amount we needed but Thomas felt we had enough. I think this was the first time they both wanted to help fix something. It was a definite learning experience for us all.

The cake, on the other hand, turned out fabulous. I had never made one before. I guess I had it in my head it would be difficult but it was not at all. Unless, you add in the fact I had four extra hands all wanting to add something at the same time. Beth and Jenn I give you kudos to letting your kids help you in the kitchen it is not as easy as it sounds.
Thomas calls this cake the "Red Delicious" cake.

I found the recipe on www.allrecipes.com they have great recipes and usually have several of the same thing. I looked through at least 4 different Red Velvet Cake recipes. I would make this one again. I used a cream cheese and butter frosting recipe that came with the cake.

2 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

YUMMMMM! Sounds delicious!

I love allrecipes.com. I use it all the time.

And I am not good with the kids in the kitchen. I get grumpy, mean and ill. I am trying not to let it bother me but I can't help it. It's getting a little easier now that they will listen a little better but I still end up yelling!

Pampered Mom said...

I think dealing with one in the kitchen would not be so bad. Thomas wanted in on the act this time. HA HA!!