Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Purple Fish. . .

Well, Thomas got a purple fish today. This is not a good fish. Pink is next and that is when I would get a phone call. Thomas was very upset. He cried and apologized for at least 20 minutes after he got home. There must be something in the water today because enrichment was terrible today. None of the kids would pay attention and they were sooo loud. Usually I will have maybe one or two classes with one or two kids that are disruptive but today they were all disruptive. I lost complete control in one class and finally had to get them to walk around the gym because they would not listen to anything I said. I hate days like this. I guess it is just par for the course for Thomas to have gotten a purple fish.

Thomas lost his TV privileges today because of his behavior at school. It was really not as bad as some I have seen for myself. But, the teacher has her expectations and he did not meet them today. Thomas is very upset he does not get to watch TV and is waiting for his Daddy to come home to see what he has to say on the matter. I have already spoken with Mark to give him a heads up. He also agrees with no TV.

I always back up my kids teachers even if sometimes I don't exactly agree. That is their only hope for survival. (teachers) I never let my kids know that I do not agree with what the teacher said. I know there are some parents that don't back up the teachers and I can only say you are not doing your kid any favors by allowing them to misbehave in school. You are only prolonging the suffering of everyone. I have seen it first hand this year with enrichment. One child can ruin everything for the rest of the class.

To all of the teachers I salute you. You have the hardest job. Your pay is no where near comparable to the work and the mess you must tolerate.

Love, Prayers, and hugs to all the teachers; past, present, and future.

2 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

I completely agree! I was a sweaty mess after just being there 2 hours today...how teachers do it for 7 hours every day is beyond me!

And just for the record...Thomas' whole class was very chatty today. They just would not be quiet and the assistant kept yelling, "I'm taking names! I'm taking names!" And we were playing Bingo so it's not like they needed to be perfectly quiet.

Pampered Mom said...

I hope it was only the Moon and not a sign of things to come. I don't know if I can take it. I am a whimp.