Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Holy Week. . .

Dear hubby and I are usually readers during Holy Week for our Church services but this year we are not reading.  The kidos have a lot going on this week with school and baseball.  I decided I didn't want them to miss out on what we normally hear at Church so I have been reading out of our Holy Week Reader instead of doing our normal devotions.  Our Reader goes day by day during the week leading up to the Resurrection.  Most people know the story of how Jesus was crucified but to actually read it or hear it read is a very emotional experience.  I cry every time, I know, that is no big shock.  
This is our last week of Lent and I am using this as a week of reflection on my relationship with the Lord.  I know I have fallen way short of his expectations of me.  I have been reading a lot on forgiveness and I think that is where he is leading me.  I think forgiveness is probably one of the hardest things.   It is important to remember that when you forgive you are not telling that person what they did was ok.  You are releasing them to God.  He is our final judge.  You also release yourself from the ill feelings and hatred that can eat away at you.  Just remember that God forgives all, you need only ask.

No comments: