Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Wrestling. . .

Ok, I am going to tell you something that most do not know about me.  I used to be a professional wrestling fan.  Dear hubby and I used to watch it every Monday night before the kids came along.  I have not watched it in years, but last night they were having all the old wrestlers back to the WWE.  I had to turn it on and watch just a little.  It brought back a lot of great memories of our early married years.   Dear hubby and I went to a wrestling event when I was BIG and pregnant with my oldest.  I blended well with all the rest of the red necks out there.  Huge pregnant, screaming at the wrestlers, and eating nachos with extra jalapenos.  Oh the memories. . .
I remember one group in particular that was a favorite, not because of who they were but because of the way my dear sweet baby reacted to their music.  When the music for the Road Dog and BA Billy Gun came on my stomach started jumping.  It was my sweet baby reacting to their music.  He jumped and rolled and wiggled like crazy, only to their music.  This group stopped wrestling together a year after my sweet boy was born, so he never heard about all this till last night.   Dear hubby and I let the boys stay up late last night so they could see some of the old wrestlers that were popular before they were born.   I never let the kids watch wrestling when they were little, they never had an interest in it then and they still don't.  They did enjoy hearing us tell about the old days before they were born and when they were little.  I still remember that feeling of my bell bouncing around with my sweet baby inside dancing and rolling.

No comments: