Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Talking to kids about marriage. . .

I always say God puts things in our path sometimes to test us and sometimes to help us.  Last night our devotion with the boys was about marriage and finding your special person that God has for you.  I hesitated before I read it but, I knew God had put that devotion there for a reason.  It was about two sisters one was getting married and the other was only thirteen.  The oldest was talking about how God had lead her to her perfect mate and how that someday her sister would find her perfect mate too.  It also talked about how your mate should be a friend and respect you and your feelings.  This opened up a great conversation with the boys.  
It is just as important to talk to boys about relationships and marriage as it is to talk with girls.  You can never talk about it to early either.  Little boys need to know how to treat little girls.  It is also never to early to pray for your child's future mate.  I have talked about Stormie O'Martin many times on my blog and I am going to mention her here too.  She wrote "The Power of a Praying Parent" it gives you great examples of prayers to pray for your kids, boys or girls about different things in their lives.  One of these is about finding that perfect godly mate.  We all hope that our children find that special person that will make them happy and take care of them.  Why not put that in Gods' hands?  Pray for them to find that special person, pray that God leads them to that special person.  It is never too early to think about.   Our devotions come from "Keys for Kids"  a good friend of mine shared this magazine with me after my youngest had been at their Bible School one Summer.  I found them online too, so I go online to their website to do devotions with the boys.  www.cbhministries.org/forkids/keysforkids  check them out.  

No comments: