Thursday, June 26, 2014

Graden cooking. . .

Our garden is goung crazy!!  I have zucchini and cucumbers coming out of my ears.  I have been searching for recipes for them both.    I have my one tried and true zucchin casserole that I absolutely love.   I have added a zucchini bread recipe I found on pinterst that is really good.   So far I have 4 zucchini casseroles in the freezer, one zucchini bread, and one mountain stew ( ground meat, carrots, cabbage, and potatoes in tomato base).  Cabbage and potatoes out of the garden too.
Here is my zucchini casserole recipe:
4 cups shred zucchini
1onion chopped
2 eggs beaten
1 box jiffy corn muffin mix
3 jalapeno peppers chopped or a can of green chiles.
4 oz cheddar cheese grated in casserole
4oz cheddar cheese grated to go on top
Mix everything together and top with cheese.

Bake 350 for an hour.  If you are going to freeze bake 30 minutes then cool completely and then freeze.
One of my faves!!!!

I will share my cucumber recipes next post.  Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

Sounds yummy. I'm just starting to get my cucumbers. We got everything in a little later than we normally do. I've got lots of green tomatoes but I'm just waiting on them to turn red so I can have a sandwich! YUM!

Pampered Mom said...

We have some little green tomatoes none close to being ready. Hubby always goes all out with our garden. He is garden crazy.