Thursday, June 12, 2014

School's Out for Summer

School is out for us all and it would be a huge understatement to say I was happy.  They boys are both moving on, Jack to high school and Thomas to middle school.  They both ended with A/B honor roll.  Thomas had a really hard year.  He was sick with the flu and missed many days.  He had to do after school make up lab to take some days off of his absences.  Thomas struggled with anxiety that caused tummy issues.  All of the testing mess stressed him beyond a level a 5th grader should have to endure.  Jack has 0 stress over testing and some days I wish he did so I knew he cared.   At least two of the days Thomas had tests he either threw up before school or after he got there.  I want get on my soap box about the meaningless testing today. 
I am very proud of my boys for finishing strong this year.   Our summer will be centered on fun, some football,  and some learning so we stay ahead of the game.  
On another note, I ended my two classes with an A and B.  I was really hoping for two A's but my criminology final was a bear.  I am taking the summer off this time so I will be fresh in August to get back to work.  Stay tuned to see what the wild boys get in to this summer.

2 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

So sorry to hear the Thomas was sick and missed so much school. Glad he survived his testing and you guys can enjoy a relaxing summer!

Page said...

Thank you Beth. You are so sweet.