Thursday, July 24, 2014

Going home early. . .

As we are leaving Fort Macon beach it starts to rain.  We were all soaked to the bone by the time we reached the car.  Normally I over pack for everything but, today I only brought one towel.  I knew we would not be getting in the ocean because of the rip current so, I thought we only need one towel.  I decided since we were drenched we would go by a local drive in for a quick bite. 
We finally dried out and cleaned up and dear hubby sent us a text, he had arrived home safely.  He then sent me a picture of sweet Basil.  I showed the picture to the boys.  They both decided they wanted to go home.  They missed their dad and sweet B.  So we packed up and headed home a day early.  
I thought we would surprise my dear hubby with our early arrival.  We were about 2 hours from home when he called us to check in.  There goes our surprise.   He was glad though.  We made it home safe and sound and, there is no place like home.

No comments: