Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Thank you and stuff

I have always tried to teach my kids to say thank you and to use good manners.  Some days my boys drive me to the brink and I think, where did I go wrong.  Some days they truly surprise me and I get a small glimpse that I am doing something right.
We do not eat a lot of fast food, we never have.  If we are going to spend that kind of money it is going to be on good food.   We went to eat last night at a Japanese buffet and they had a tip jar beside the Hibachi grill.  Sprat fixed what he wanted from the Hibachi and the chef went to work.  Sprat was impressed and he said the food was great.  He asked me for $3, and I said why?  He said,  mom, the food was good and that guy deserves a tip.  So I gave him the money and he put it in the chef's tip jar.  The other thing I have noticed is that every time they are given refills for their drinks or when a waiter or waitress bring their food they always say, thank you.   I am so glad they have learned those words. 
It is nice to know that they believe good service and hard work deserve a little extra.  I hope they both remember that when they go out in the work force. 

No comments: