Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Last Day at the Beach

Dear hubby was going to be heading back to the house to pick up sweet Basil yesterday,  so we all went for breakfast.   I decided after my hubby headed home the boys and I would go shelling for our final adventure.  I met a nice lady on the beach the day before and she told me where she had found some unique shells. 
The tide was going to be low at 10:30 so after breakfast we packed a cooler and headed to Fort Macon.  The beach in front of the Fort has great shells.  It also has a very strong rip current, so we only went in the water shin deep.   We had a good walk around the dunes to get to the water but it was worth it.  We walked and looked for shells and for sharks teeth.  Sprat has quite a collection of teeth from our vacations.  Big T is starting his collection of shells.  We had such a great time walking, talking, and looking for those little treasures. 

No comments: