Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Anniversaries. . .

My wonderful parents celebrated their sixty first wedding anniversary this month and my dear hubby and I celebrated twenty-three years earlier this year.   Someone at Church asked my Dad about their anniversary and he said, "I have been married all of my life."  My Dad is such a comedian.   My parents are both very funny and you can tell when you are around them that they really do love each other very much.   They have both been through their share of trials and tribulations.   I hope that the hubbs and I will last as long.   We argue and fight but I think that is just part of sharing a life with someone else.   Our biggest fights came when we bought our first house and then again when we bought the house we are in now.   These were very big decisions in our married life, I felt like if there was ever something to argue over these were two legitimate ones.   A few years after we bought our first house the hubbs sister ran into our real estate agent and he asked if we were still married.  I had to laugh we had only been married eight months before we bought our first house.   We had definitive ideas on what we wanted in a home and they did  differ just a little.  We were in our first house for twelve years before we bought the house we are in now.   The same agent helped us buy our second house too.  We will probably be in this one till we die, we have a big backyard.  Just kidding.  I think we will be here till we move to the beach.  Big T has already said he is going to live at the beach when he gets out of college.  I told Big T that he had to have an extra room for me.  The only thing Sprat has said is that he does not want to live where it is cold.   He may have dreams of the beach too.

No comments: