Tuesday, May 17, 2016

A Planting I Will Go. . .

I love playing in the dirt and in the yard.  I have a beautiful trellis that my hubby gave me one Mother's day and each year we plant sweet potato vine to run on it.  I went yesterday and picked up my sweet potato vine and a Gerber Daisy.  I love the garden shop.  I potted my daisy in a new pot for my front porch to go with my huge Geranium.  
Last night we had grilled chicken and I was fixing a marinade for it, this is a garlic and wine marinade.  I noticed my garlic was sprouting,  well I decided I would try and grow some garlic.   It already had a little green shoot so I filled a pot with some potting soil and stuck my little toe of garlic in the dirt.   I left a little bit of the green shoot sticking out of the soil.  Below are my pictures.  I used a good size pot so there would be room to grow some delicious garlic. I have never done this so I will keep you posted on how it grows.  We tried a few years ago to grow garlic in the garden but it did not do anything.   I hope this works.
This is my sweet potato vine from a year ago.

No comments: