Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Just Grill It !

I love grilling season and yes at our house it is a season.   We love to grill, my hubby will grill almost anything.   We love steak and chicken on the grill, but anybody can do that, my hubby grills stuffed peppers, zucchini, and potatoes too.   The hubbs picked up a little gadget at Bass Pro Shop so that he can grill stuffed peppers and the stuffing does not fall out.  It is a pretty neat trick.  You can use either ground beef or shredded chicken with cream cheese and taco seasoning and stuff your peppers then stand them in the grill gadget for peppers and load them on your grill.  These are awesome, I hope we have enough peppers this year to make these.   I posted last year about grilling whole onions with butter and a little garlic powder and fresh sage wrapped in tinfoil.  We will be doing those too.
Here is the garlic and wine marinade recipe, you must promise that you will not laugh when I tell you where it came from.  I always give credit when I use a recipe or anything else that is not my own.   Remember no laughing.  The Brazilian Bikini Body Program by Regina Joseph.   I have no intention of ever wearing a bikini again and that is not why I bought this book.   I have always been fascinated by the diets in other areas of the world, I have read quite a bit on the Mediterranean diet and the Brazilian diet is very similar.  They eat fresh fruits and vegetables and they do not deny themselves things like bread, they do not have negative thoughts about eating the occasional sweet.  They are active and outdoors a lot and I think we would all be better off if we were outdoors more and away from the idiot box (what my dad used to call the TV).  
Here is one of my favorite marinade recipes I found in the BBBP book.

Garlic and Wine Marinade
This is for a large batch that you can keep in a glass jar in the fridge for about a week.  I cut mine in half for 5 chicken breast.

4 cloves of garlic pressed
1 large onion chopped finely
2 cups dry white wine
Juice of 1 lime
3 tbsp cracked black pepper
2 dashes of Tobasco or Texas Pete
3 bay leaves
1 tsp salt

Marinate red meat for 3 hours in fridge, chicken and pork for 2 hours, and fish no more than half an hour.  I have not used this for red meat or fish, it is awesome on chicken.  My kids loved it.

No comments: