Friday, May 6, 2016

Happy Mother's Day...

To all the Mom's, I hope you have a wonderful weekend with your families.  To all the Dad's being Mom too, I hope you have a wonderful weekend also.
Being a Mom is a very difficult job; there are no vacation days, no sick days, no pay raises, and most days no pats on the back for a job well done.  There are days when your kiddos will give you a kiss on the cheek and a whisper, "I love you."    I consider those as my pay raise. 
I think being a Mom to boys is the hardest.  They go from loving you and wanting you around all the time to being embarrassed to be seen with you.   When my kids get on that trip, I give them fair warning, that they have not even begun to be embarrassed.   Yes, I am that Mom. 
I love my boys to the moon and back, and I would do anything for them within reason.   They do push me to my end sometimes.  
You want your kids to do better than you, you do not want them to make the same mistakes you made.  I am here to tell you, you can only tell them so much.  Some things they have to learn from experience.  My hubby calls this "earning" knowledge.   I want to protect them from some of those "earning" experiences.  
Again to all the Mom's out there making memories, living in the little moments, and trying to make a difference for their children.  Prayers for us all.

This is a picture of my Mom and the boys on one of our outings a year ago.  
My niece, Mom, and Me at Biltmore last Summer. Photo by Big T.


Happy Mother's Day 



No comments: