Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Mother is Always Right. . .

Not only is Mother always right but so is Daddy.  It took me twenty-two years to come to this monumental conclusion.    I wonder how long it will take my kids to come to this conclusion?    I look back on all of the advice, solicited or not, that my parents gave me and boy my life would have been so much easier if I had followed half of what they advised.   I did follow some but I do wish I had listened to it all!   This goes back to that post where I talked about the kids "earning" knowledge.  I earned a great deal of knowledge through those twenty-two years.   I talk a lot about Mom but Dad is also a force that cannot be left out.  He showed me how men are supposed to treat women and when I dated those that were not up to his standards he pointed it out.   He let me know that these boys were not fit for my company or my attention in very subtle ways.   They never told me who I could or could not date but they helped me see the true colors of some of the less desirable boys that I had contact with.
My Mom and Dad met my dear hubby at a basketball game.  They did not get a lot of time to talk to him but they immediately liked him.  He met the WHOLE family at a reunion a month or so later and of course everyone immediately loved him.  He blended well with the rest of our clan.   The hubbs was thrilled when he found out we were having road kill stew because my aunt Laura had hit a deer the day before on her way to town.   You may think that is gross but we all love some good deer meat and it did not matter how it got to the table.  Everyone had only the nicest things to say about my hubby when they met him that day and I guess I knew deep down he was going to be the one.  We had not been dating that long but there was just something about him that lead me to believe that he would be my forever love.
I do still lean on my Mom and Dad for advice for different things and I have no regrets.  I hope that my kids will come along at some point and make the same realization.  They are young, impetuous, stubborn, and very reluctant to listen to the hubbs and I right now.   I pray for them daily, I pray for whomever God has picked out for them as their mate.  No, it is not too soon to pray for that.    You want them to have a godly mate and someone that will love them the way they deserve to be loved.   I want them to have the kind of love that my Mom and Dad have, that my hubby and I have, and the love that my in-laws had.

No comments: