Tuesday, May 3, 2016

First Greens. . .and a Little Tuna

Enjoying my first salad of the season this week.  You just cannot beat fresh greens.  Last night the boys had cheese steaks, and the hubbs and I had tuna over our fresh greens and sprouts.  Yes, I am still sprouting, working on my third crop of alfalfa sprouts. 
I wanted to share my tuna recipe with you.  I never liked tuna when I was younger,  it was not until I started fixing it this way that I really liked it. 
Here we go: 
1 can solid white tuna in water
1 tbsp mayo
1 1/2 tbsp mustard
Dash of garlic powder
Dash of dill
Dash of vinegar
Drain your tuna and mix with your other ingredients.
Chill and serve over a bed of greens and you will not need extra dressing.  Spread on toast or a tortilla with some greens and sprouts.   You can also enjoy with some crackers and cheese.  

If that does not fit your tastes this is another recipe for tuna I have used.  My kids even eat this but, shhhh they do not know it is tuna.

1 or 2 cans of solid white tuna in water (depending on how many you have to feed)
Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce (or whatever BBQ sauce you prefer)

Drain your tuna and put in a skillet on medium heat.  Add your BBQ sauce and stir to combine.  Let this heat up and you can eat by itself or on a bun like a BBQ sandwich.   You do not even realize it is tuna.

2 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

So I love that you trick your kids with tuna BBQ!!! I'm not sure I could pull that off - Peter eats A LOT of Lexington BBQ and might think something was fishy!!! :)

Pampered Mom said...

Oh Beth, I bet you could do it too. I am not sure they were completely fooled but they do eat it. I am such a stinker sometimes.